When you mention the words “field trip” to students, their smiles often widen from ear to ear. The idea of traveling and visiting new places as a class adds excitement to the school week. For young people, a trip takes them out of the daily school environment with the promise of no surprise quizzes. School trips provide a day of fun learning and adventure. They positively impact students in many ways:
1. Out of the Ordinary – Variety that goes beyond the normal structure of an everyday classroom setting sparks new thought and imagination. An excursion enhances student curiosity and engages them in new learning.
2. Fresh Perspective – A different environment encourages young people to broaden their understanding of the world and other people.
3. Accommodates Different Learning Styles – A field trip is a teaching tool that can accommodate each student’s different way of retaining information.
- For students who absorb information by doing, learning outside the classroom motivates them to engage with surroundings and gain a better understanding of the task at hand.
- Visual learners benefit from new images and colours during an educational trip.
- Social learners enjoy connecting with groups. They experience a sense of fulfillment when they are involved with other people, exchanging information and sharing a new experience.
4. Deeper Interactions – A field trip is the perfect occasion to mingle with other students who don’t sit near each other in the classroom or spend time together during recess/lunch. It provides a new opportunity for them to connect on a personal level.
School trips are an effective teaching approach that encourages students to learn outside of the classroom. By exposing them to new experiences, they can apply what they’ve learned inside the classroom, practice social skills, and learn new behaviours that help them grow as individuals.
Take a fresh, fun approach to learning, participation, and teamwork: Bring your students to Fleetway! Talk to our team about the special rates we offer for school bookings at (519) 472-9310.